We are so excited about this heavenly recipe! We nibbled on this bit of joy at our last photoshoot, where all the designers contributed a bit to the meal. This Ajo Blanco from our CFO, Krista Joy Palmer, blew us away! It’s squeaky clean and packed with flavor. The perfect dish to bring to any barbecue, summer gathering, or social event! (tongue-in-cheek, thanks to COVID) Regardless, you’ve got to try making this one. And after you’ve made it, you should probably taste it and let us know how much you love it too.
- Servings 3-4
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white bread crust removed
- 1/2 cup blanched Marcona almonds
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 drops Lemon doTERRA essential oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup ice (when immediately serving – ½ cup water when chilling)
- extra virgin olive oil
- julienned apples
- sliced almonds
- Peel and core apples, reserve about ¼ of apples for garnish
- Zest lemon. Juice ½ of lemon.
- In a blender, puree apples, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice, and water until very smooth
- Cut off bread crusts and pull into pieces – do not compress bread into a measuring cup, it’s measured to be loose not smashed down.
- Whisk olive oil with doTERRA lemon oil
- Add bread, almonds, olive oil and vinegar and pulse until smooth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add ice to blender and blend to smooth or refrigerate min 2 hours
- Garnish with matchstick apple slices
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, julienned apples, and a sprinkle of sliced almonds. Great as a make-ahead soup! Serve within 48 hours, and blend before serving. And above all, enjoy!